News - Events
2016 User Conference registration ending soon
- Published on Thursday, 22 September 2016 03:20
This is a reminder that registrations to the TELEMAC user conference 2016 will be closing on the 3rd October.
The conference program is available online at the following address: http://www.eau-mer-fleuves.cerema.fr/programme-program-a1472.html
2016 User Conference programme
- Published on Wednesday, 31 August 2016 17:51
The conference as well as the publications will be in English.
TELEMAC summer school 2016
- Published on Monday, 11 April 2016 12:43
TELEMAC summer school, 13-17 June 2016.
Howbery Park, Wallingford, UK.
This TELEMAC summer school provides a background to the hydrodynamic tools available in the openTELEMAC system. This hands-on course is delivered by experienced HR Wallingford consultants who have worked on many diverse projects.
This five-day summer school covers five different modules:
Module 1 - Meshing in TELEMAC (1 day)
Sébastien Bourban, member of the steering committee of the TELEMAC MASCARET consortium, will start the day with an introductory presentation. This course will then focus on meshing using Blue Kenue. Blue Kenue is freely available and can be used for both pre processing and post processing. This hands on session will highlight the functionality and processes in Blue Kenue that are used in the creation and modification of mesh structures.
Module 2 - Introduction to TELEMAC 2D (1 day)
TELEMAC 2D is a two dimensional in the horizontal (2DH) shallow water flow model with options for running in finite element, finite volume and Boussinesq styles. TELEMAC 2D provides a powerful insight into hydrodynamic processes and uses a flexible mesh, which optimises computational efficiency whilst maintaining fine detail in the area of interest. This course will provide a useful background on the steering files used in TELEMAC 2D. It will also cover the parameters and schemes including modelling turbulence and friction, how to run, modify and interpret results from a simulation.
Module 3 - Introduction to TELEMAC 3D (1 day)
TELEMAC 3D is a three-dimensional (3D) model that uses the same horizontally unstructured mesh as TELEMAC 2D. Applications of TELEMAC 3D include:
- simulation of discharges of buoyant or negatively buoyant effluent;
- flushing assessments where flows are driven by wind and density effects;
- evaluation of impacts of schemes for tidal power generation;
- simulation of flows in vertically stratified water bodies such as estuaries and reservoirs.
The course will introduce modelling with TELEMAC-3D using hands-on test cases. Advanced topics will also be covered, such as quality assurance for 3D modelling assessments, sensitivity testing and model limitations, which are vital for studies carried out to support environmental and engineering decisions.
Module 4 - Wave modelling with ARTEMIS and TOMAWAC (1 day)
ARTEMIS is a model for harbour disturbance assessment that solves the mild slope equation in elliptic form. It includes the processes of wave refraction by bed shoaling, partial reflection and diffraction due to structures. TOMAWAC represents the generation of waves due to winds or offshore climates and propagation into shallow water. It includes the processes of refraction due to the seabed and ambient currents, wave growth due to the wind, energy dissipation due to bottom friction and white capping, wave breaking and wave blocking. Breaking wave stresses are computed in the TOMAWAC model and these can be used within TELEMAC 2D or 3D to represent wave-driven longshore currents. This hands on course will cover examples of wave modelling with ARTEMIS and TOMAWAC.
Module 5 - Introduction to sediment modelling with SISYPHE (1 day)
SISYPHE is the 2D sediment transport module of the TELEMAC system. It solves the equations of bed load and suspended load for both sand and sand mixtures. Specific cohesive sediment properties can also be accounted for and the model includes a multilayer consolidation algorithm. Areas of inerodible bed and the reduction of transport rates in the presence of tidal flats are fully taken into account. SISYPHE can be tightly coupled with TELEMAC 2D and TELEMAC 3D while including inputs from the wave model TOMAWAC. The use of optimized numerical schemes and parallel processors enables medium to long term morphodynamic simulations. This course will cover sediment transport modelling in 2D, morphodynamics modelling and a review on basic sediment transport processes included in the model. The method of coupling with the hydrodynamics model and the effect of waves will be presented and a riverine typical application, including sand grading effects and a littoral application.
Who should attend?
Consultants and students who are working on riverine, coastal and maritime hydrodynamic modelling projects and are wishing to use the open source TELEMAC software suite.
At the end of the course participants will understand:
- the components of the TELEMAC suite;
- applications of TELEMAC;
- pre and post processing;
- how to set up and run a TELEMAC-2D model;
- how to set up and run a TELEMAC-3D model;
- how to set up a model and perform wave modelling with ARTEMIS and TOMAWAC;
- the process of modelling with SISYPHE and the different parameters.
For further details and to register your place, please go to: http://training.hrwallingford.com/training/telemac-suite-summer-school
2016 User Conference details
- Published on Monday, 07 March 2016 13:51
Initial details for the 2016 (23rd) TELEMAC-MASCARET User Conference are now available on the conference page.
The abstract template is now available for download.
Further information will be made available once the registrations open.
- 2015 User Conference proceedings available for download
- New and Advanced User Trainings 2016 for Telemac, Sisyphe, Telemac-AD / Adjoint Modelling, QGIS, Paraview and many other pre & post processing tools.
- User conference abstract submission deadline
- 2015 User Conference - Registration and call for abstract
- Compact Course: Hydraulic modelling of open channel flow with free software (GERMAN / ENGLISH )
- TELEMAC Summer School 2015 at HR Wallingford announced
- Next User Conference
- XXIst TELEMAC-MASCARET User Conference Planning
- 2014 Conference - Important information
- Webinar on Tecplot post-processing